| || || |
Principles And Ethos
The principles underlying the project are to:
- Recognise the power and value of the family.
- Ensure that the initiative is community led and indigenous to the culture of the area.
- Embrace a community development strategy in all aspects of the programmes.
- Reflects good childcare practice in all aspects of the programmes.
- Established an equality of relationships with parents, respecting and supporting them as partners in education and opportunities provision.
- Provide opportunities for parents to engage in a learning process, which will be innovative, flexible, people centered, quality driven and measurable.
- Operate on a partnership basis within the local community, with state organisations and transnationally.
- Make transparent and accountable the structures and processes of management, finance and decision making.
- Recognise the need for adequate child care provision as a basic requirement for all programmes associated with Urban.
- Seek to manage programmes effectively within budget.
- Encourage community sourcing of service, staffing and materials where appropriate.
- The project will endeavour to apply good employment practices.